Thursday 14 October 2010

Graphic Speed Dating

With a title like that, I hope you aren't expecting something naughty because I would have to disappoint you. No, this morning I was tasked with giving feedback on fellow coursemate logos and to get some for my own. I had to go around the room and sit across from someone and evaluate their logo and communicate the intention(s) behind my own. After seeing everyone, the same thing kept popping up over and over again. The graphic itself was strong enough without the type. Now, I didn't orignally have the type but I considered Stacey's feedback http://www.staceystringfellow.blogspot.com/ and added it to the design. I can appreciate what everyone thinks though and I too think my logo would work without the type.

Another thing that came up was the weight of the initials that I worked into the logo. Whilst the design itself is strong, the initials are overwhelmed by the lightning bolt. I will of course work on this. One last thing, to move away from the "Adobe"-esque look of my logo, I will consider different colour versions, Yellow, Blue, Purple, two colour mainly.

I really enjoyed the feedback I recieved today.

No comments:

Post a Comment