Thursday 11 November 2010

Fast Track: Decision Making

Today I have been tasked with coming up with 3 ideas for articles I would like to create for the online magazine. For it, I have to consider the subject of the article, where I would get my content from and what format the DPS might take. I have also been tasked with creating 2 ideas for advertisements I would like to include for the online magazine.

I first of all looked into the different things you can do in Manchester and broke down different areas of interest/attraction

  • Shopping (Shopping Centres, Retail Parks)
  • Dining (Restaurants, Fine Dining)
  • Walks (Protests)
  • Christmas
  • Music (Festivals and Concerts)
  • Arts and Crafts (Galleries, Exhibitions, Design Agencies)
  • Education
  • Living (Housing, Hotels)
  • Sport
  • LGBT
  • Family (Parks)
I then considered personal areas of interest.

  • Visuals - Graphic Design, Illustration, Film, Games
  • Auditory- Music (Different genres)
From this, I have arrived upon 3 different subject ideas.

1. Design Agencies. Looking into agencies specifically based in or around Greater Manchester or with significant presence.
2. Manchester Brands. Companies small or large that were founded or based in Manchester.
3. Parks. Areas of green, the escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.

Advert Ideas
I think my adverts will relate directly to their respective articles. Of course, they will have to be existing products or services.
1. One particular design agency and it's services
2. A brand in manchester, maybe a small or large shop, a restaurant, etc.
3. A day trip or event in a park.

No comments:

Post a Comment