Monday 1 November 2010

"My Big Break: Intro to the World of Illustration and Book Cover Design"-Research

My name is Natasha Newton, a.k.a. theblackbirdsings, and I have been lucky enough to work full time as an artist and illustrator since 2007. This may come as a surprise to you, but I never actually set out to be an illustrator — it was something that seemed to find me instead! My work has recently been used by the well-known book publishing company Random House as the cover art for a series of five books by the author Jorge Bucay, and this wonderful opportunity came my way completely unexpectedly. A designer from Random House Mondadori, based in Barcelona, found my paintings on Flickr and felt they would be perfect for the covers of the books, so he contacted me. Aside from some negotiation, it really was as easy as that! I know that this sounds like an extremely lucky scenario, but it would probably never have happened if the right framework hadn't been in place to begin with, and that's what I'd like to talk about now.


http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/my-big-break-intro-to-the-world-of-illustration-and-book-cov-8081/
An interesting read with some good tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment